Friday, February 26, 2010

Funny boyfriends

Check out this hilarious twitter (Warning, not for the easily offended. It's a wee bit brash.)

I don't know if you all will think this is funny, but I laugh everytime I go check it out. The story behind these tweets:

A nice American gossip blogger met a nice Frenchman in New York City. Long story short, they fell in love. The only problem? The language barrier.

I can understand this one. American English is a ridiculously confusing language if you're not a native speaker. (I really started to notice this when I started learning Spanish this year.) So many figures of speech, idiom phrases, and three variations with three different meanings of the word "there."

I'm sorry non-natives. You should have picked an easier second language - like Spanish.

All kidding aside, this twitter feed cracks me up. Yes, it's a little vulgar at times, but we're big boys and girls - I think we can handle it. These quotes are prime examples of what a tough time people who speak English as a second language have with slang.

I'll leave you with this silly quote, from aforementioned American blogger's French boyfriend.

Babies are fat because they can't walk. Then they learn to walk, and they get less fat. Sometimes.



23077433.AnneGeddesBabyundHund.bmp.jpg

1 comments:

DarlingAriana said...

Isn't that what America is about? Being rough and tumbly? I mean, some countries don't like us and sometimes it's because we're rude. To be honest I love my witty sense of humor and my snarky remarks, it makes things more interest. Besides, we're not the ones that say "Wee, wee" when we want to say "Yes". I rest my case.
P.S. Yes I know that is not how you spell Oui, oui.

Post a Comment