Friday, February 12, 2010

Those Sneaky Disney Flicks

Very Good Advice

I love re-watching old Disney movies. (And not only because I understand all the amusing innuendos now.) There are some very adult themes hiding in an old Disney movie. (I say old because some of the more recent ones have been fluffy rubbish.)

Peter Pan deals with the tough concept of being okay with growing up, something I"m sure all of us struggled with at one time or another. Sleeping Beauty is more than just about true love, it focuses on family and making sacrificies. I think Alice in Wonderland may be one of the most poignant films ever made for children. Look at this quote from the clip:

Alice: Well, when I was lost, I suppose it's good advice to stay where you are until someone finds you. But who'd ever think to look for me here?

[sigh]
Alice: Good advice. If I listened earlier, I wouldn't be here. But that's just the trouble with me. I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.


I find myself having the same problems as Alice occaisonally. I'm a girl with a good head on my shoulders, and still I find myself doing some stupid things every once in awhile. But, I'm sure it's all just part of the process of growing up and learning from one's mistakes.

We all just have to figure it out for ourselves :)

1 comments:

Caryn said...

Amen to this!!!! Peter Pan is my favorite because i think that we should never completely grow up and be serious adults. Where would all the fun go then?? And Alice is the best too!! Wow thank God for Walt Disney huh??

Post a Comment