Thursday, April 22, 2010

Babybird - Unloveable



^Check this out. It's thought provoking and kind of the center of this blog.

So by now, I'm assuming you've watched the video. Pretty interesting? Yeah, I thought so too. I found it on my morning surfing in my 2nd hr and I thought to myself, "Hmm, that's directed by Johnny Depp. I think I'll check it out when I get home."

And so I did. (By the way, I nearly jumped out of my chair in the last 10 seconds or so of the video. Eek!) And then I decided, "Hey, I need new material for my blog. Bingooo." And so, this blog was born.

I think it's really interesting that it's directed by one of my favorite actors. That's some good press for a band that I've never heard of but I still checked out. Even more interesting, I learned it's based on a short story titled "An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge" by Ambrose Bierce. It was first published in 1890 (and the end still took me by surprise! That's literary ingenuity!)

I'd really like to get a copy of this short story and check it out. (Even though I know how it ends now.) Overall, thought provoking video, pretty cool song, and some ties to classic literature. Not bad, eh?

0 comments:

Post a Comment